Jake's mom is lending us her fake tree this year to put up here since we will be having everyone at our place this year. I don't have anything for a normal size tree (since our's is only 3 feet, and I'd rather purchase decorations and all that jazz on the off season... I like to think of it as frugal, not cheap).
So this weekend while Jake and I were in Seattle, Allie and Sassy put it up with a few decorations and Allie and I put more on yesterday when we got back. Allie really likes putting all the ornaments on one branch which usually then all fall off due to the weight. I sneakily put them on other branches while she isn't looking and then she can pile more on her favored branches. So far she either doesn't notice they are missing, or doesn't care. She has actually been really good at not pulling decorations off once they are on either which surprises me. There are little bells on the lower branches though just in case she starts pulling stuff off so I'll know.
I realize too that I really don't enjoy the whole decorating part as much as I enjoy it all being done and then seeing it. Kind of like I don't really enjoy making the cookies so much as eating them afterwards.
I'll post some pictures of Allie in front of the tree with her Christmas dress on as soon as she wakes up (hopefully not as cranky as she was when she went to bed.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment