Friday, January 9, 2009

Tot Spot Cafe

I had the best day with the kids yesterday, in spite of the no sleeping thing. I was sure the day was going to be horrible when Allie came into our room at 5:30am, after I had been up with Adrian all night. I was pleasantly surprised however!

We were meeting a couple of the ladies from my MOPS tables and their little ones at this cafe/kids play place in Woodinville at 10:00am and I was sure Allie was going to have already melted down a dozen times by then from lack of sleep. She didn't however, and we got out of the house at 9:45am with no problems whatsoever.

We spent a lovely 2 hours at this place called Tot Spot Cafe. What a great idea it is! Basically it's a Coffee shop with a kids play area inside with all kinds of toys. The play area has a low wall (so the little ones can't get out without help) with couches inside and is surrounded by tables for the mom's to drink coffee, work on their computer (free WiFi) or do whatever they want while the kids play. The also have several girls working there who will keep an eye and and entertain your kids while you're doing your thing. Allie who is generally very clingy around strangers took right to the workers and basically ignored me for the next 2 hours while she played princess dress up, baby doll and bounced balls around. So I got to visit with my friends while she played.

I finally talked to the ladies about doing a play group outside of MOPS. They are totally interested, which I'm very excited about. I don't know if we are going to start it soon, or wait until MOPS breaks for the summer, but it's a start. Summer will be nice because we can meet at parks as well as each other's houses.

Anyway, to finish my surprisingly good day... The kids and I made it home around 12:30 at which time Allie went straight to bed for 2.5 hours and Adrian napped a little too, allowing me about 30 minutes of sleep (gotta take what you can get!) I don't think Allie and I had one single fight the entire day. That's pretty amazing since she's been miss emotional lately! Jake went climbing for a couple hours, which was good for him too.

No comments: