Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adrian 6 Mo

Adrian had his 6 month checkup this Monday and I was once again AMAZED at how big he is. Here are his current measurements:

Weight: 23.8lbs
Height: 29 in
Head: 18.5 in

One more pound and he would have tripled his birth weight. No wonder I feel like I'm carrying a really, really heavy sack of potatoes around when I pick him up. I am actually pretty excited for him to start walking so he can get from one place to another without me lugging him there.

He is still such a happy little guy. His favorite toy is his Jumperoo where he will sit and jump for an hour, entertaining himself. He LOVES his sister and will just start laughing when he looks at her. She is also great at keeping him awake and happy in his car seat by playing peekaboo.

Sadly he isn't sleeping any better, but we haven't given up hope yet. He is fully on formula now (hallelujah my body is back to being my own again and the milk machine has been shut down!) and seems to be doing great on it. Thankfully, he is happy chowing down on the Costco brand which is a third of the price as normal Simalac or Enfamil, especially since he eats more then Allie, who cost a small fortune to feed during her first year. He is eating solids now too twice a day. We are still working at getting his over active tongue out of the way of the spoon, but he seems to like everything I've given him so far.

2 comments:

Laura said...

he's sooo cute! and so big! i miss you all so much...i wanna cry.

Justin said...

He has gotten so big, and yet, Opie still looks huge next to him... I guess that says something about Opie.